Thread: Toolbar removal

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am new here and would appreciate some help with removal of 2 toolbars if it is possible. I installed AVG free as recommended by Woody's book. The problem is I let the toolbar bit get past me, is it possible to just remove the toolbar ?.
    The other toolbar I would like to remove is the one that came pre-installed I think with this new computer, it is "Bing", the computer is a "Medion"
    I understand I have to have a toolbar, so which is the best for limited computer use.

With Thanks in advance David.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    David,

Welcome to the lounge. You should find both of the toolbars listed in the Add/Remove programs section of the Control Panel. You can Uninstall them from there.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You did not say which application was showing the toolbars so I will assume Internet Explorer. You can prevent toolbars from showing by going to Tools | Toolbars, and then unchecking the toolbars you don't want. You can also right-click on any toolbar and a list of toolbars should show up - uncheck the ones you don't want to see.

Of course, this just prevents them from being displayed. To completely remove them you will have to go to the Programs and Features control panel.

Thanks
    I might consider using a 3rd party uninstaller such as Revo Uninstaller. this uninstaller will find many of the leftover stuff that the normal Windows Uninstaller does not find.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks fellas for the help on this. What I will do is look at the the 3 options and then do which one seems to suit me, again thanks for the help.