3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure where to put this question, so I apologize if this is the wrong spot. But, I used to be able to get Google Advance Search to limit results to English pages and the list would be 100 long. Now, I can't get any more than 10 per page and sometimes I get non-English web links. I've changed my personal settings and selected "100" on the search page with no success. What am I missing?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm betting you are using the Instant search. It defaults to 10 and there is no way to change it to anything higher (well, technically you can change it, but Google changes it back to 10). It's for this reason I don't use the instant search.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What is "instant search?" If you mean the drop down of choices as you type, that is not active in Advanced search. wait, I do have it active in my settings. I got rid of it and 100 returned. Too bad. Good answer, though.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wsc3 View Post
    What is "instant search?"
    "Instant search" is a new feature that displays results without your having to press Enter or click Search.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yep, I figured out the instant search. It's more useful at Amazon. Sorry to lose it, but I'd rather have the 100/page. thanks for the solution.

Thanks
    Since Google InstantSearch has become the default method, there is a method display >10Results/Page, thru the Preferences setting in Google.
    As you start to type your search terms, Google Instant automatically shows results for a popular search that begins with those letters. If you don't see the results you want, just keep typing and the results will dynamically update. Connect to the information you need faster, even before you finish typing your search! Learn more about Google Instant
    If you don't want to see results as you type, you can opt out of Google Instant by selecting Do not use Google Instant on the Preference page. When you opt out, we'll save that preference on a cookie, so you'll stayed opted out until the cookie is cleared. Note that the preference will only apply to that particular computer and Internet browser, and it is not tied to your Google Account.
    Unfortunately, this will require that you have a persistent cookie. GreaseMonkey extension for FireFox has been previously suggested as a work-around to re-activate >10Results/Page but the InstantSearch disables GreaseMonkey feature.