Thanks
    Getting ready for the debut of the Windows Phone 7, I decided to check out WLM 2011, (I use Outlook'07) to see what it was all about.
    So, I installed and opened it. I was surprised, no, more shocked than anything to see that it had downloaded over 200 RSS feed, as well as all of my new! msn.com e-mail. Now keep in mind here I did not even set any e-mail accounts up! That tells me that it is accessing my Winodws Live.I guess that that is why it is called Windows Live Mail....LOL! But seriously I think that is going too far.
    Also under the contacts all of those that I had marked as personal, all of my Facebook, and all of my Messenger contacts were now in WLM, and to make matters more interesting, I saw that if I had a friend on Facebook, that was also using MSN Messenger, that person was listed twice! I tried using the contacts clean up tool, and while it did find a couple of duplicates, it left those on facebook that were also on messenger alone.
    I also noticed that there was no reference to Outlook to import contacts? Weird!

I realize that it is not Outlook, and that there are just going to be things that cannot be done, like dragging and dropping an e-mail to the calendar, but oh well.
    I was able to uninstall it through the control panel Add/Remove. Clicked on Windows Live Essentials 2011 and it let me choose which program(s) to uninstall.

Sheesh! all I wanted to do was to see how it worked and what I could do or not do with it.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    t8ntlikly I got updated this latest version WLM also....I like it, but was immediatly swamped with SPAM! If I uninstall it will my older version of WLM still have saved mail, folders, contacts etc.? Thanks for any light you may shed.....bmaxxx

Thanks
    I believe the Spam filters learn over time. I also use WLM 2011 and like it a lot. You can control the feeds by clicking on the feeds link at the bottom left. You can delete those you don't want (I have deleted all as I do not use them). As with all MS software, MS is attempting to give an app to the masses that most can use. This does cause many features that some do not want, and these can be shut down.

I found it nice to be able to set WLM up to get mail from all my addresses. Getting all this mail in one place is nice for me. I can choose which email to use to send an email very easily.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Bill,
    Sorry but I don't have the experience with WLM yet as I am using Outlook.

Just FYI, on Tuesday the 14th, MSFT will be releasing 17 security bulletin and updates to address 40 vulnerabilities. Of these will be the usual Windows Mail Junk Filter.

Thanks for kicking in there Ted
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Teds for your responses, I believe the problem was mainly those of us on Verizon. By going to uninstall programs thru control panel and selecting repair windows program instead of uninstall it seems to have fixed the problem. I had received an astonishing 1509 spam emails in one day prior to the fix! Thanks for your input. Bill

Thanks
    Bill,

After your repair hopefully WLM will be more behaved. I still usually get some spam, in the order of 6 to 10 per day. I look at the headers on these and for the most part delete them all. Spamers seem to be able to continue coming up with ways to bypass filters. The 1500 + you received would definitely be overwhelming.

I just like the format of WLM, because I also started with OE and it just feels comfortable. I do not need all the features of Outlook, and yet want some, such as the calender. I also like being able to check all my email accounts from one location. This is very coconveniento me.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill R Maxwell View Post
    If I uninstall it will my older version of WLM still have saved mail, folders, contacts etc.? Thanks for any light you may shed.....bmaxxx
    NO, if uninstalled everything vanishes. If you want the older version back, go to http://www.filehippo.com/download_windows_live_mail/

[attachment=90903:Capture.JPG]

Your original settings will be intact, minus newest mail etc.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!