2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a client who is using 2007.

He wants to create a drop down list in a word form so when he selects a persons name from the drop down it will populate with their phone number.

The display name and value don't seem to do anything, either they overtype each other or only the display name displays (obviously).

I have tried looking this up and the geranl idea seems sto be book marks and clicking calculate on exit. A feature that seems to have disappear in Office 2007.

Or I can only seem to book mark to one peice of text.

Any help is gratefullyt recieved.

Thanks

Michelle

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meames View Post
    I have tried looking this up and the geranl idea seems sto be book marks and clicking calculate on exit. A feature that seems to have disappear in Office 2007.
    There are multiple types of form controls you can use in Word 2007. To match the control in your reference, you might need to use the "legacy" Drop-down control in order to connect it to a macro that runs on exit, or an ActiveX control that can respond to a change in value.

[attachment=90581:WD07-LegacyControls.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I would recommend you have a look at using an autotextlist field which should give you the functionality you requested. This previous post by Slinky includes a couple of links that you should have a look at to determine whether these fields can help.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks

Unfortunatly we shouldn't use macros in our documents. these will also be stored on a server and down loaded as a mail merge through a program called APP, by default I think macros are disabled.I tried the autotext list route but that appears to bring up every but if auto text / quick part there is rather than just the ones in a gallery or match a style.

Regards

Michelle

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If the autotextlist is bringing up every AT entry then perhaps all the entries are using that style.

I haven't used an autotextlist since starting to use Word 2007 and 2010 and the extra categories of building blocks have replaced the single style category that used to be available in Autotext so perhaps there is extra research to find out the new implementation of this field.

Perhaps the autotextlist won't work for you anyway if the entries are not stored in the document itself - the attached template will be left behind if the users are downloading a file through another application.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia