Thread: Allow cookies.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello one and all.

I need a bit of prompting here. I try to read my local newspaper when away from home. Lately, I have not been able to read it on my W-7 machine. I can log-in, name and password and then I get a full grey screen. The other machines can put it up on screen. . . no problem, two XPP machine and a 64-bit Win-7 Toshiba laptop. The machine in contention is of 32 bitness. On this machine, when I see the grey screen, I can click on other newspapers link and they come on fine. It is not a server problem as I can see it all on the other machines here, methinks.

The screen tells me that I have to allow cookies, fine, I do not think that I do not. Normally, it rings a bell and a line appears at the top and ask for permission to allow cookies, I do not see this. Where can I ensure that cookies are enabled ?

Always gratefull for help here. Jean.

Thanks
    It's going to be your browser's settings that will determine if you are able to accept or deny cookies in varying degrees.
    Change/reconfigure your browser's security settings.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Clint, hello and thanks for your reply.

We might have to look at something else, I had the security totally open and still I could not get this to come up on my screen. Very strange, only on this one machine out of 4. I am really dazzled.

Be good. Jean.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Clint.

I just can not pin this down at all. The funny part is that on the same machine, if I load Firefox, I can then see the newspaper. I can also do this on all my other machine, using both FF and IE-8.

I have played as much as I could with the security, to no avail. I am more or less resigned to use FireFox to see this site. It is not much of a problem, just agravation, as I get the paper issue at my door in the morning and I only need this when away, then I use the Toshiba laptop but why would this W-7 be rebellious ? I have made another user name access to the site and the same thing takes place . . . grey screen after proper sign-in. It really gets my goat !

Please do not loose any sleep over this. Jean.

OOopppss ! I got the wrong user name. Same guy though !

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Have you tried deleting your temporary internet files?

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe, I am going right now to delete the temporary internet file. I seem to remember that I have it checked to delete all after sign-out. Be right back.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe, well, I will be darned, it did it ! Why now ?

I also had a look at the check for deleting the temp after sign-out and it was not ticked. I can not remember not doing this, old age, I guess.

Thanks a mega again for your help.

I will try again tomorrow, just to confirm ! I have all kinds of hope that your solution will hold.Jean.

It is tomorrow now and all is fine still, I get the newspaper on screen as before. What gets me is that this never took place before and I was deleting the Temp folder.
    Computors are fun !

Thanks JoeP.