2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to create an Annex A where the autonumbering is based on the Heading 6 style. The figure captions are fine (A-1, A-2, ...) until they are separated by a Heading style, then for some unknown reason they reset back to A-1. In the attached file, I want the caption in Section 1.1 to be Figure A-3, not Figure A-1. I have tried with several different templates and the same thing keeps happening. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don' t think the file attached in my original post so here it is.[attachment=90584:Caption linked to Heading 6.doc]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The way the numbering is setup is correct but you have chosen to use the wrong heading styles. If you add another Annex later in the document then you should be able to see the other problems associated with the levels you have chosen.

The list numbering is configured in this document in such a way that the headings within an Annex should use the heading levels greater than 6. The steps to resolve the problem are:
    Change the H1 paragraph to use Heading 7
    Change the H2 paragraph to use Heading 8
    Change the H3 paragraph to use Heading 9
    Update the caption fields

See attached modifications to the document.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Andrew, your method works although I don't see the logic behind why it works that way. Also, I don't want the letters at the beginning of the section numbers, but I think I've figured out how to remove them using the Define New Multilevel List dialog.