iNET Interactive
    Thanks

PATCH WATCH

Security fixes for applications highlighted

By Susan Bradley

A light month of Windows updates means we can focus on applications that need patching.

After last month's heavy load of updates we could use a break! But this month, we also have to worry about what we're not patching, as much as what we are.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/2010/11/11/07 (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by revia; 2011-01-19 at 14:14.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for including Apple and Mac updates. You're my primary source for this information. Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a look at the BlackSheep site and it appears that it detects anyone using Firesheep on the network, but can not block it.

Presumably, by the time you are informed of the intruder they have already obtained your details, thus rendering BlackSheep fairly useless.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I followed your instructions on securing Hotmail by using https connections. When I tried to connect, I got a bad certificate warning. Has Microsoft really not created a certificate? Or is there something wrong with the link?

Thanks, Donna