I have Outlook 2010 (32-bit) with BCM (Business Contact Manager) running on Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-bit). I also have 2 email accounts (I'll refer to them as Acct A and Acct B).

In BCM, when I use the Mass E-mail feature of the Marketing workspace, I have no option to change the From: account (the sending email account). When composing the Mass E-mail within BCM, in the Options menu, the "Show Fields" option is grayed out.

A few details: Outlook's default account when I installed BCM was Acct A and, right now, all Mass E-mails get sent from Acct A. I want to send my BCM Mass E-mails from Acct B.

I have already tried setting Acct B as the default account in Outlook (in Account Settings). I confirmed that the change "took" by opening a new email in Outlook (not BCM) and noting that the From: field (which I have showing) now defaulted to Acct B. I even exited Outlook and restarted it after changing the default account. The change, however, had no impact on the BCM Mass E-mail feature; Mass E-mails still get sent from Acct A.

Anyone have any idea how I can get BCM to use Acct B as the From account for Mass E-mails? Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Ed V