4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

We currently have a group of flyer's that have been designed by someone with very little understanding of easy formatting. The flyer consists of many text boxes containing logos, headings and dates etc. and is formatted using 2 columns, which are also text boxes.

I wish to reformat using columns, which is easy, but currently the text boxes representing columns have a light blue background. Is there any way to achieve this using columns? My thought was to put a table in the header but for some reason I cannot make the table contain a row greater than 14.5cm.
    cheers

Phil Carter

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In general a table is a much better choice than text boxes, for laying out content on a page.

Rather than using columns on your page, try using a 3-column table with wider columns on the left and right to accommodate the document content, and a narrow column in the center to serve as a separator between the two content columns. You should then be able to use cell shading to give the light blue background to the left and right columns.

Gary

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bonriki View Post
    I wish to reformat using columns, which is easy, but currently the text boxes representing columns have a light blue background. Is there any way to achieve this using columns? My thought was to put a table in the header but for some reason I cannot make the table contain a row greater than 14.5cm.
    For a background in the header, you could go with a Drawing Canvas and a couple of filled (but borderless) rectangles. I never use this kind of thing myself, but it seems reasonably stable in the initial setup. (Sample attached.)

[attachment=90604rawing-Canvas-Rectangles.doc]
    Attached Files Attached Files

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Gary and Jefferson

I wound up doing as you suggested Jefferson. Boderless boxes in the header with overlaying columns to ensure that funtionality was retained.
    cheers

Phil Carter