Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Once in awhile, my PC starts to run slowly or erratically. Each time, if I open Task Manager I find 5 or 6 instances of Thunderbird running ... even if I've shut down Thunderbird.

I've tried disabling my add-ons and re-enabling them one by one, but nothing seems to help or identify the culprit.

Is it only me? Or have others run into this? Any solution?
    Bill Treloar
    Rank Magic Blog

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've had that happen with my Win7 machine but not with multiple TB's running. I end TB in task manager. This has not happened again for about a month; I wonder if one of the Win7 patches fixed the problem.

Good luck,

Larry

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Larry,

When I find this happening, I end all the Tbird processes in Task Manager ... but a week or two later I find myself in the same boat again.
    Bill Treloar
    Rank Magic Blog

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Still!

The supposed solution to this problem is to delete a file called sessions.json. I have done that, and the problem continues. I have done it again, just to be sure, and again it didn't help.

I still get multiple (2-7) copies of the Thunderbird.exe file running according to Task Manager. Tbirs starts acting funny and/or hanging when that happens, so I need to close them all and re-start Thunderbird. And it doesn't take a week or two before it starts happening again. As far as I can tell, it happens again ass soon as I run Tbird a few times.

Does anyone have the real solution to this problem?
    Bill Treloar
    Rank Magic Blog