Lounger
    Thanks
    Here's the deal - for years my wife has had access to TWO contacts folders in Outlook 2003. The first is the normal contacts portion of the normal .PST file - it is labeled Contacts. The second is a .PST file created by an export of only contacts from my computer and then copied to her computer. The second PST was displayed in the "My Contacts" section of the contacts screen and when she clicked on it she had full access to all of my contacts. She could click back on "Contacts" to access her contacts.

Thinking I was clever, I started using Dropbox to sync my exported PST (contacts only) with her computer. I removed the second one from her "My Contacts" section. But when I went to add the file in the Dropbox folder, I couldn't figure out how to do it! I can't remember how I did it in the first place and haven't been able to find any thing in the Windows Secret site, Microsoft, or by googling that helps me. Just opening the file using the File menu does not do it. It just adds it to the folder list and shows no contents - looking for mail messages.

Someone out there knows what I want and how to do it - please advise.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Meiller View Post
    Just opening the file using the File menu does not do it. It just adds it to the folder list and shows no contents - looking for mail messages.
    Opening it is the first step, but then use the Folder List view (icon toward the end of the list at the bottom of the Navigation pane) to see and be able to change properties for the Contacts folder. Then check out this recent thread: [topic=779639]Can't get Outlook 2007 to use Contacts for email[/topic].