Lounger
    Thanks
    Are there any worries or considerations when upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2010? Should I just buy Office 2010 and install it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert R Hall View Post
    Are there any worries or considerations when upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2010? Should I just buy Office 2010 and install it?
    Office 2010 (32-bit) should be able to handle your Office 2003 files without much difficulty. You probably know that the user interface and default file format have changed significantly, and those changes have not been to everyone's taste. Make sure to review the mix of programs in the different levels of the suite, as they may not match up with what you need.

(Although installation usually goes smoothly, make good backups just in case.)

Thanks
    Check out some of the Office 2010 tutorials from MS. These may help to lessen the "culture shock"
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If you've done any customization in Office 2003 such as templates, macros, or VBA you'll want to carefully test those with the Office 2010.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I really like Office 2010. In my opinion it rocks! My workplace is on 2003 and we're still waiting to go to 2007.
    Patricia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There's no time like now for engaging change. Sure, it's scary, but fear is the gateway to new possibilities. Dive in, and good luck!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert R Hall View Post
    I just went from 2003 to 2010 (on a new laptop no less) and while there is some "culture shock" nothing has been insurmountable. Of course, I've got lots of newness going on as I went from XP to 7 at the same time. Yikes!

Lounger
    Thanks
    This discussion is cause for optimism as I am pondering moving from Windows XP > 7 and from Office 2002 > 2010. I assume from comments that it is reasonable to move forward.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes to both. Win 7 is without doubt a leap forward in OS stability and usability. Office XP was about the worse release of Office since Office 95, so even going back to Office 2000 would be an improvement. The totally unnecessary change in the Office interface that came with Office 2007 may be a culture shock, so expect a big learning curve (and I am not talking about the loss of Clippy either!).

Thanks
    Check out the Office 2010 / 2007 training site. These may help alleviate the "culture shock".
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I upgraded from XP and Office 2003 to 7 and 2007 when my desktop tower started playing up. The tower was replaced with a new hard drive plus my original drive and the latest software. That was a major shock as activities I was used to doing easily all had to be found through using the HELP system. I am a lot further forward than I was this time last year!

So I am now wondering what is involved in an upgrade to 2010 since that seems to be taking over?
    C Arrowsmith
    BA(Open), MBCS, CITP, Dip. Mgmt.(Open)