3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This XP computer has been running fine up until about 2 days ago. Now all of a sudden I get a loud buzz in the audio which changes according to the apparent intensity of the screen content. There is always a buzz, but with light (white) content the buzz is low level. With heavier content (as with a screen from Adobe Audion/Cool Edit--black, and dark green etc) the buzz is loud, making the audio unusable. As this machine is used in a recording environment this is getting annoying. ... It is not the monitor--the buzz is still there with monitor turned off and/or disconnected. I have tried updating the driver, but Windows tells me it is the latest and all is well. .. The video card is a Radeon X600 Series.

Any ideas? Does this mean the video card has reached the end of its life?

Al

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay. Forget it ... I guess. For some reason, known only to some hiccup in the computer, the audio settings were completely changed. By readjusting those to what they had been previously, the buzz in the audio is no longer a real problem. Sorry ... I should have thought of that and checked it first before jumping in here with my problems.

Al