Star Lounger
    I just installed an ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 audio card along with driver v. The OS used is Windows XP Pro SP3 (32-bit).

I was hoping that by inserting the headphone jack into the appropriate front panel audio port, the audio through my speakers would be cut off and the only audio output would be through the headphone.

That is not happening. Instead, the audio through my speakers continues and there is no audio through the headphone. Only after I launch Xonar DX Audio Center, and under Analog Out select Headphone, I get audio through the headphone and the audio through the speakers stops.

There must be some setting somewhere that I am missing, right? I can't find any help about this in the FAQ or Troubleshooting sections or Google.

PS: The front panel audio connector is securely connected to the front panel header of the audio card. If it weren't so, I would not get any audio from the headphone at all. :-)

You can down load & read the user's manual here;AsusTek
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten