3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UD3H F2 motherboard that will handle AMD Phenom X4 processor. The prices on this have dropped considerably is this worth spending the money on the X4? I'd also upgrade the memory. Currently I have a Athlon Dual Core Processor 5200+ with 2 gig of memory.

Thanks
    From the specs of your board (GA-MA780G-UD3H), if those are indeed your specs, you should be able to run a very decent AMD AM3 socket quad core CPU. I think even an AM2+ X4 might even be worth it.
    Look here for compatible processors.
    A couple of examples I might consider...
    GA-MA780G-UD3H Socket AM3
    vendor|CPU|Model|Frequency|L2Cache|L3Cache|Core|Na me|Process|Stepping|Wattage|SystemBus(MT/s)|Since BIOS Version
    AMD Phenom II X4 945 3000MHz 512KBx4 6MB Deneb 45nm C2 125W 4000 F2 or...
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 3200MHz 512KBx4 6MB Deneb 45nm C2 125W 4000 F2
    Check your bios for F4 or F5 support as well...maybe more options open to you

Don't forget to upgrade your CPU cooler as well, good chance you'll need to with the above specs.
    You could easily upgrade your memory too, but you'll be somewhat limited in the speed unless you overclock (1200 OC)...but still worth it imo.

This would be something I would consider doing if I wasn't ready to purchase or build a new computer just yet, or at least a year or 2 away from doing so.
    With the above processors and right combo of memory, you'll likely get your moneys worth out of it and see a decent performance increase.
    That's provided that the above specs are correct.
    I'd look into it further.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Alternatively, save up for a new machine and use the old one as a server for backup / media streaming etc.

cheers, Paul