Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am just an experienced newbie.

Apparently I made a mistake in attempting to move data to a new computer. A simple word processor program (non-standard) saved my data in what they call " a drawer". When I moved the data, I copied the "drawer file" on the old computer to a CD along with other data and after installing the same program on my new computer, I deleted the then empty "drawer" in the new copy of the word processor and replaced it with the DATA file labeled "drawer" from the old computer. Well, my data was not there.

I assume there is an export and import feature in this software - specifically called YEAH,WRITE = very elemental software.

Whether there is or not an export/import feature, WHY does one have to EXPORT/IMPORT vs JUST COPY the data.
    As a newbie, I would think that just copying the DATA FILE would preserve the data.
    Obviously not...........looks like something gets left behind in the transfer OR the data is for some reason UNRECOGNIZABLE to the new copy of the software.

YEAH,WRITE ( word processor) is SAME version on both computers.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Same thing would apply to exporting/importing FAVORITES, etc.
    WHY could you not just copy the file in Windows Explorer vs doing an EXPORT/IMPORT ???

Thanks in advance.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have YeahWrite on my computer, and ran into a similar problem in the past.
    I hope you didn't make the same mistake, but what I found out (too late) is
    that what I actually copied and pasted to the new computer was only the
    ICON, or shortcut to the program, not the actual files.

Good Luck in reviving the info.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The documents should be stored as individual files, but grouped for ease of access. If you know the name of a file or two you can search your hard disk for the name of the file.

cheers, Paul