Thread: Do I Need This?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I a running Windows 7, 64 bit OS. I found the program VIA Platform Device. Do I need this program or is it one left over by something else? My sound began to garble. After updating all sound drivers, it still does. I then installed a sound board. I have been removing all programs associated with the motherboard sound system. I was just wondering if this VIA Platform Device was one of them?

Ray

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by white_collar View Post
    I a running Windows 7, 64 bit OS. I found the program VIA Platform Device. Do I need this program or is it one left over by something else?
    Ray,
    Hello.... for a start have a look see here http://www.viaarena.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28768 Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I'm glad I didn't delete it.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by white_collar View Post
    Thanks. I'm glad I didn't delete it.
    Ray,
    Just a "heads up" In the future, if your not sure when deleting things there are free programs that will allow you to "image" your whole " OS" before you do something that you might regret.Macrium Reflect is one that i have used with success . http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp This way if you do eliminate something that was needed... you can always "recover" to a time before the "problem" Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)