New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using Outlook 2010 & Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. My problem starts when I attempt to save e-mail messages to my PC. I'm using the default .msg file extension option. The file that results does not have the normal "envelope" icon. Instead, itís a ďblank pageĒ icon with the right upper corner folded in. And these files are locked Ė they cannot be opened either by clicking on them or trying to open them with Outlook. Nothing happens. And when I return to Outlook, I see that Outlook is hung up and I have to close it via the Task Manager. To make matters worse, Iíve also discovered that every e-mail message that I've saved on my PC over the years has also somehow become locked and their original "envelope" icon has been replaced with the "blank page" icon.

I found and installed an application called LockHunter. As a result, when I right click on a saved and locked e-mail message, Iíve given an option to find out what's locking it. Each time I'm told that the culprit is Windows Explorer. When I employ the option to unlock the file the normal envelope icon is sometimes displayed (but not always) but at least the file can then be opened. By the way, I don't have this issue when I save Word, Excel & PowerPoint files; only with Outlook.
    [attachment=90622:Locked File 2.PNG]
    I've exhausted every remedy that I can think of or find on the Internet, including: making sure that the file and folder options are checked to always show icons and not thumbnails; running the Windows 7 & Office 2010 repair options which find nothing amiss; running a complete system scan with Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool with negative results; verifying that Outlook is the default for opening e-mails; updating all of my applications via Secunia Personal Software Inspector; uninstalling every application that I felt was unnecessary; doing a registry cleanup via CC Cleaner; having Windows Security Essentials always on (it did find one Java Trojan recently which was quarantined and then deleted); uninstalling a bunch of non-Microsoft shell extensions; and deactivating all of the Outlook Add-ins and then re-activating each one. None of this solves the problem. In that regard, one thing I have been unable to accomplish is to activate the Microsoft VBA for Outlook Add-in. I believe I saw something somewhere suggesting that this might be causing my problem so Iíd welcome any advice on how to do this and of course anything else I can do to resolve this issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Hi Prince, have you tried accessing your mail directly from your browser and saving it from there ?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Is there any chance you have more than one version of Outlook on your PC? For all apps in Office you can have multiple versions (2003, 2007, 2010) except Outlook. You may only have one version of Outlook installed. It may be worth trying to uninstall Outlook, then reinstall it to see if the problem persists. Perhaps someone who uses Outlook can chime in here and let us know if this action is normal.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have tried to save my e-mails (from the Comcast Smart Zone) but it doesn't support/allow that.

I only have one version of Outlook on my PC - via Office 2010. I've uninstalled & reinstalled Office 2010 several times with no improvement on my problem.