4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear Loungers,

I really hope someone can help I am up against a deadline and fighting to use MS Project 2010. On both machines I am using I get this error:
    • XML for analysis parser. The locale identifier property is not overwriteable and cannot be assigned a new value

Only option is to OK (or close using the X). On doing this project the reports this error:
    • Excel is busy. This may be because Excel is currently waiting for user input... Switch to excel to correct the problem, then try again

Only option is to OK (or close using the X). I do this but then Project is frozen, the only way to exit is by killing it in Task Manager.

I have found several references to this on the net, and have checked and updated various things such as the sql 2005 version and features - all uptodate as far as I can tell, the language options, all aligned as far as I can tell. I have wasted many hours on this and am desperate to get some real work done. Can anyone suggest anything?

UPDATE: If I create a report from scratch the erro doe not occur.

thank you.......................liz

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi liz,
    Was wondering if you ever got a solution to your problem? I'm having exactly the same problem and can't find sollution that works anywhere?

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lizat View Post
    Dear Loungers,

I really hope someone can help I am up against a deadline and fighting to use MS Project 2010. On both machines I am using I get this error:
    • XML for analysis parser. The locale identifier property is not overwriteable and cannot be assigned a new value

Only option is to OK (or close using the X). On doing this project the reports this error:
    • Excel is busy. This may be because Excel is currently waiting for user input... Switch to excel to correct the problem, then try again

Only option is to OK (or close using the X). I do this but then Project is frozen, the only way to exit is by killing it in Task Manager.

I have found several references to this on the net, and have checked and updated various things such as the sql 2005 version and features - all uptodate as far as I can tell, the language options, all aligned as far as I can tell. I have wasted many hours on this and am desperate to get some real work done. Can anyone suggest anything?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Lizat,

Would you please explain what you were doing in MS Project when the error occurred (e.g., creating/changing report, or after you performed some other specific action, etc...) ?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by lizat View Post
    Dear Loungers,

Last edited by DonL; 2011-02-10 at 13:56.
    Don Liebman
    San Diego, CA 92115

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi DonL,

For me, what happened is that I had a project open, I went to select an Excel report on Resources and it gave me the messages etc. that lizat posted. I eventually, after trauling countless blogs, learned that if English (U.S.) is not an installed language (does not have to be the default) in your "Office package" and at least enabled (File tab => Options => Language => Add a language), in MS Project, you will get the above error message. As soon as English (U.S.) is enabled, all works "as normal".

Thanks
    Thanks for the followup
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile