Lounger
    Thanks
    In Windows 7 how can I set it so that when I open new window it always stays in front?

Bob P

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If that is a new Internet Explorer window(tab), then
    go to Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> General -> Tabs and mark the second row:
    [attachment=90645:IEtabbed2.jpg]
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lounger
    Thanks
    It is not an Internet Explorer problem because I use Firefox. However, it seems to be any application. For example, I have a combination Address Book and Reminder program. When I click on Add Contact in the Contacts Window, the window for doing this opens and immediately disappears under the Contacts Window. When I minimize the Contacts Window, the Add Contact window disappears under any other window I might have open. I eventually get down to where only the Add Contact window is showing on the desktop. This is a nuisance. Other applications behave in the same manner. There must be a setting somewhere in Windows 7 to keep the last window on top. Help!

Bob P

Thanks
    Here's a link that I believe that will help;Stay Always-On-Top
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Parham View Post
    In Windows 7 how can I set it so that when I open new window it always stays in front?

Bob P
    Bob,
    Hello... not sure if this is what you mean... Control Panel (set to icons)>Folder Options> Open each folder in its own window. Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred, I tried changing Folder Options as you said but with same results.

Bob

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred, I tried changing Folder Options as you said but with same results.
    Bob,
    Hello.... Try clicking on the "View" tab, and check some of the settings... you might try and "Restore Defaults", then reset them the way you want. I have never had your experience with "7". Some of the check boxes i have no idea what they do ??? Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred, I did discover that if I kept my mouse pointer within the window, it will stay on top. Does this give you a clue what can be reset in Windows 7 or will I have to learn to keep my mouse pointer in the window?

Bob P

Thanks
    See if this helps:
    Start > Control Panel > Easy of Access > Easy of Access Center > Make the mouse easier to use > check Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse option

BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred, I did discover that if I kept my mouse pointer within the window, it will stay on top. Does this give you a clue what can be reset in Windows 7 or will I have to learn to keep my mouse pointer in the window?

Bob P
    Bob,
    Hello... I'm sorry but i don't have any answer for you....maybe some of the "big dogs" will jump in hear with some better answers...me I'm just a "puppy"and some times it's better for me to stay on the porch .
    Regards Fred
    PlainFred

Thanks
    Bob, if Ted's suggestion doesn't solve it...
    if I kept my mouse pointer within the window, it will stay on top.
    I used to have that behavior in WinXP days via the nView app which came with nVidia graphic cards. Maybe your system builder added or enabled something like that?
    Lugh.
    ~
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1607; Office 2016 (365 Home) x32; Win Defender, MBAM Pro

ASRock H97 Anniversary; Xeon E3-1231V3 (like i7)
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970; 12GB Crucial DDR3 1600
    Logitech MX Master mouse; Roccat Isku kb

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've had the same problem for a while now. I was just researching it again today and found no answer. The problem: For instance, in Revo Uninstaller when you instruct the program to uninstall an application it first uses that application's uninstall procedure. After the application's uninstall procedure finishes Revo does some additional clean-up. Problem is the uninstall procedure of the program you're uninstalling may open a dialog asking you if you are sure you want to uninstall it. That dialog comes up behind the Revo Uninstall window. The first time this happened I waited and waited and decided that Revo didn't work. After I closed Revo I discovered the hidden dialog. Now, I use the Windows Key and the Tab key simultaneously to navigate to the hidden dialog box. It is a bit of a pain, and I hope Microsoft will fix it when they come out with a service pack.

Ernie

Thanks
    Hi Bob P,

I also have found the same with Revo Uninstaller and like you have waited ages for Revo to do something before realizing that it is waiting for me to click or agree to something in a box hidden behind Revo. It also happens frequently when installing a program as well.

I have seen small apps to help with the solution but am not one to install unnecessary extras on my OS.

My solution to the problem was simple. First if I have a window three or four deep I use Windows Key + Tab to to scroll Areos flip. Have now added shortcut to my mouse top button via mouse properties so one mouse click now gives me Aeros Flip.

Second way is just put your mouse on window icon in taskbar and click, it will come to front.

Also note that right clicking taskbar allows you to select cascade or stack windows which is a third quick option to seeing and selecting an open window.

When installing programs or using Revo, watch the task bar and if a window pops up behind Revo wanting input it will show small flashing icon on taskbar indicating Revo is waiting for your input to the popup.

One click on any highlighted icon on the taskbar will bring that window to the front.

If you want to keep one paticular window on top at all times then I recommend Desk Pins http://www.snapfiles.com/get/deskpins.html
    Small and simple.

Pete J

Lounger
    Thanks
    To all who gave me their input, my many thanks. You have been very helpful. Even though I was looking and hoping for a simple solution which seems to elude me, I have learned a lot about Windows 7 from you. Now it is up to me to learn the use of these tactics and put them to use to enhance my Windows 7 OS experience.

Bob P: