New Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to recover my old VHS video tapes to the hard disk on my Windows 7 home premium 64 bit computer. I have tried searching the general internet but I am overwhelmed by choices. I am not an expert in video at all and would like a system that works on my computer.
    My computer came with ROXIO easy VHS to DVD. But it will not run as the windows 7 does not recognise my screen resolution. ROXIO said to update drivers but it still will not work. I have an AMD system with the ATI Radeon 5600 series graphics card.

Ian

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used both a Dazzle video converter box and a Hauppauge TV tuner card to convert VHS tapes to DVD. Both devices came with software to facilitate the video capture. The Dazzle came with a stripped down version of Pinnacle Studio - I upgraded to the full version and use that to do the capture.

I suspect that all you need is some decent software that can recognize your input device and will do the capture. PInnaclke Studio might just do this for you.

What do you mean by "Windows 7 will not recognize my screen resolution"? Which screen - the computer screen or the TV screen? The TV screen (or VHS screen) resolution should not matter.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry for being unclear. When I run the ROXIO software. It says that it can not carry out any of its operations. It needs a screen resolution greater that 1024X768. My screen resolution is set up to be greater than that already. I am guessing that the ROXIO software is looking in the wrong place for the current screen resolution. I was hoping that someone would have met this problem and knew a way to get around it.

Ian

New Lounger
    Thanks
    hi ian
    i had a similar problem with roxio and what i did was right click on desktop and picked screen resolution /advanced settings/ monitor/ and changed true colour to high colour it solved my problem, i hope it helps you
    bill