2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My OS is "Win7 Home Premium. An external hard drive I use for periodic image and data backups also has a lot of other folders, data files, program .exe files, picture files, etc. on it 78 in total that I had saved from my former XP system.

Can any one tell me how to identify which are the Win7 data and image files on this backup drive?

Thanks
    Check the dates created. This should help to identify new ones from older ones. From this point on make sure you name your images to identify easily. Append a date to the images.

[attachment=90664:SeagateImages.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Nice annotation Ted!

cheers, Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for your response,Ted. I assume that "EMySeagate)" is your back up drive. When I created my total image backups, I just selected my J: (backup) drive without any specific destination. For the future I suppose the solution is to create a "My Backups" folder on that drive and be more specific with the destination when doing an image backup.

In the meantime I did find what I think are the earlier image backups in a folder titled "Our Computer". There are 6 sub folders called "Backup Set" with dates and in each sub folder there are folders called "Backup Files" (again with a date). Next on the tree are zipped backup files numbered from 1 to 9 and expanding each of them is C>Users>Our Computer>...... and so forth. I don't have anything nice and neat like your Complete_HD_Image files with a ".tib" extension. Is that something I can do when I do another image backup? In the past I wasn't aware of that option.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Further to my last post, I have determined that what I thought were image backups were in fact data backups. When I go to Backup & Restore in Control Panel and click on "Manage space" it shows that I have 69.46 GB in System Image. The files I found only add up to 10.22 GB and they are data files. There is another folder on my backup drive titled "WindowsImageBackup". That folder has three sub folders - "Backup 2010-11-06 014900", "Catalog" and SPPMetadataCache". Those folders account for about 30 GB. My challenge now is to find the other 39 1/2 GB of System Image, and I have no clue as to where to look!

Thanks
    Yes, the Seagate is an Ext. USB 1 TB Free Agent Go HD. My laptop Images are stored under My Backups, my wife's laptop Images are stored in a different named folder (Don't recall exact name, too lazy this morning to dig out the Ext HD) I always try to recreate images whenever I make a change to my PC. This allows me to restore to a point very close to where I was when I screwed up and hosed my OS (Most of my recoveries are due to things I do myself while playing) That's why I have to name the Images properly and append the date so I can find the Image I want. Good luck in finding your images and future Imaging attempts.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy