5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I used Auslogics Duplicate Finder to delete a lot of duplicate images , and having done so my C:\Users \Roy\My Pictures folder contains 582 items. (I only keep images in that one folder). However, if I open Windows Live Photo Gallery it contains 817 items.

Does anyone know of a program which can search for duplicates in WLPG?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Roy
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I did notice when I first set up Windows Live Photo Gallery, I noticed additional folders with copies of some of the pics in them. These additional folders were located directly in the pictures folders where the actual pictures resided and appeared grayed out slightly, but were able to be opened. Perhaps this is where your problem lies. I was able to delete these extra folders without problem.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    You may merely be deleting libraries or other "hard Linked" folder items. Live Photo Gallery will integrate itself
    into the libraries structure of folders making it seem like there are copies.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Thanks
    Junction Points remind me of Quantum Physics; there's more (and less) than meets the eye. Windows 7 makes prodigious use of junction points, and no doubt the free downloads from MS that tie in with Windows 7 do as well.

[attachment=90667:Junction.PNG]

In my Windows 7 setup, C:\ProgramData is a juntion point to F:\ProgramData. It contains no folders, no files, nothing. What is seen in the right pane of the Explorer window above are the folders and files that are actually in F:\ProgramData, as can be seen in the Explorer window below.

[attachment=90668:FJunction.PNG]

Duplicates aren't necessarily duplicates. Be careful what you try to delete.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I resolved my problem by cutting everything from Windows Live Photo Gallery to My Pictures folder, then running the Auslogics program to weed out duplicates, and then when I restarted WLPG the number of items displayed in that corresponded to the number in the My Pictures folder.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question.

Regards,
    Roy
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread