Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bsod from sleep

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello All

My first post.

When I wake my computer from sleep mode 99 time out of a 100 I get a bsod with "kernal data in page error"
    Among some of my research I found the following and wonder if this could be the cause.

When you resume a computer from sleep or from hibernation, the SATA hard disk drivers require the SATA hard disks to be ready within 10 seconds. However, a large SATA hard disk may take longer than 10 seconds to be ready. In this situation, the resume operation times out.

I do have tetra HDD's.

I do not know if they are SATA though.

I can live with not putting the machine to sleep but would prefer to.

I also found

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178

Thank You
    Trebor
    trebor

Thanks
    Can you provide the full error message: Look in the event viewer for date/time of incident.

Type eventvwr.msc in the run box.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Rossmere View Post
    Can you provide the full error message: Look in the event viewer for date/time of incident.

Type eventvwr.msc in the run box.
    I need a little more help in what you want to see I have run eventvwr.msc but do not know what you are asking to see.
    Thanks for reply
    trebor

Thanks
    Expand Windows Logs under Event Viewer, and look through the System and Applications Logs for any errors (Red circle with ! inside) corresponding to the time of your BSOD. Post back here in your thread the error code and any information contained in the error report.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Shepard View Post
    Expand Windows Logs under Event Viewer, and look through the System and Applications Logs for any errors (Red circle with ! inside) corresponding to the time of your BSOD. Post back here in your thread the error code and any information contained in the error report.
    Thanks
    Is this what you are looking for

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 7a
    BCP1: C0604000
    BCP2: C000000E
    BCP3: 57BDE880
    BCP4: C0800000
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\112010-24835-01.dmp
    C:\Users\BF2010\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-67080-0.sysdata.xml
    trebor

Thanks
    Yes, that is what we are looking for. I see you do have a Minidump file. The easiest way to examine and make sense of the Minidump is to download and run Nirsoft's BlueScreenView here. When you run the program, it will provide clues as to the drivers that actually caused the BSOD. Read the information on the web page as an example. You can zip the Minidump and upload it in a post if you desire to do so.

It would be a good move to download and install the latest Chipset Device Drivers from your computer manufacturer's support site as well as any device drivers implicated in the Minidump. A BIOS update would be advisable as well. This can also be obtained on your computer manufacturer's support site.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you I will study your information and let you know how I get on.
    trebor

New Lounger
    Thanks
    A little unsure of how to go about this part of your message not all that up on computers.

It would be a good move to download and install the latest Chipset Device Drivers from your computer manufacturer's support site as well as any device drivers implicated in the Minidump. A BIOS update would be advisable as well. This can also be obtained on your computer manufacturer's support site.
    trebor

Thanks
    What brand is your computer? What is the model number and serial number on your computer? Write these down, and go to the appropriate support site, whether it is Dell, HP, Lenovo, or other. With this information, check for driver support, BIOS updates, and the most recent chipset drivers (aka Chipset Device Drivers). The easiest way is to enter into your Internet search engine "vendor name" driver support, and select from the search hits the one that takes you to the actual Vendor support site. Most PC manufacturers have listings of the all these when your computer is identified on their support site. The drivers can be found in other places, but it will be easier for you to use your manufacturers support site. Be sure to read any documentation or other "Readme" files pertaining to anything you download before you install.

If you have difficulty finding what you need, post your information back here.

It is always best to backup your hard drive before doing any of the above installs. Always be prepared when making changes to your computer. Check out the Security and Backups Forum for loads of information on creating system image backups of your system hard disk.

BTW, if you want a tool that will tell you everything that is in your computer, check out this link for SIW (System Information for Windows). This site will provide you information about SIW. Click the Purchase/Download menu item and then scroll the download page to the free version "SIW Without Installer (English Only)". You will be able to run the program without installing it, just double click and it will run. This tool can be helpful if you need to identify hardware and software on a computer.
    Deadeye81

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you window secrets that is a lot of information I shall study it and report.
    trebor

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you all for your kind help I have decided to live with NOT putting the computer to sleep.I have saved the links you have sent me in a folder titled computer problems and I am sure I will come back to them at a later date.
    Regards.
    trebor

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just found this does it make any sense to you ref bsod

bsod after sleep possible solution

If it does I am not sure which hot fix to ask for my computer does have 1TB drive.

Again thanks for all your help.
    trebor

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by treboryoung View Post
    Just found this does it make any sense to you ref bsod

bsod after sleep possible solution

If it does I am not sure which hot fix to ask for my computer does have 1TB drive.

Again thanks for all your help.
    Reposting
    Does anyone have any help for me on this thanks
    trebor

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Did you follow Gerald's suggestion and ensure that you have the latest BIOS & chipset drivers for your PC?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Did you follow Gerald's suggestion and ensure that you have the latest BIOS & chipset drivers for your PC?

Joe

Thanks Joe

It was getting to deep for me so I sent (see my post #11)

My repost was wondering if anyone had an answer for post #12

Kindest regards
    trebor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast