New Lounger
    Thanks
    Last year I purchased Office Home and Student 2007 for my granddaughter when she started school. The version came with three licenses. She of course used the first one and I used the second on my old office desktop running Vista. I then installed the third license on my netbook running windows XP. I cannot print from the netbook. I want to un-install it and reinstall it on my new Notebook running Windows 7. Will I have a license issue?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Welcome to the Lounge!

You may have an issue. If you do you should call Microsoft and explain the situation. They are usually very understanding and will help.

Joe
    Joe

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi pewteruser,
    Quote Originally Posted by pewteruser View Post
    Last year I purchased Office Home and Student 2007 for my granddaughter when she started school. The version came with three licenses. She of course used the first one and I used the second on my old office desktop running Vista. ... Will I have a license issue?
    From what you've described, it sounds like you're already in breach of the license terms. If your granddaughter owns the suite, you cannot legally install it on your PC - and vice-versa.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macropod View Post
    Hi pewteruser,

From what you've described, it sounds like you're already in breach of the license terms. If your granddaughter owns the suite, you cannot legally install it on your PC - and vice-versa.

Office Home and Student can be installed on three computers in the same home. So providing they all live under one roof, there is no problem with the proposed deinstallation from the Netbook and installation on the new computer. However, if the third install was completed and activated in the last six months, it may be necessary to phone Microsoft to activate the 'fourth' install.

Thanks
    I had to call MS twice for reactivation, both times when I clean installed an upgrade to my OS. They were very accomodating. They realize and encourage people to upgrade OSes and know that their apps will need to be reinstalled after the upgrade. They do have a system in place for an easy time. The phone call was only about 5 mins. and was almost pleasant. Go for it.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy