New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I right click "My Computer" and choose Explore, Explorer opens and shows current path in Title Bar (as requested in "Options".

When I run Explorer from a simple Shortcut (C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e) it opens with some of the path in the Title Bar followed by "Microsoft Internet Explorer". No big deal, but I observed the same behavior on a relative's PC to whom I was trying to explain the difference between Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer. At that point no explanation had a hope of succeeding.

Thanks
    What's the difference between Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer?

Actually, nothing. It's a program with a split-personality. The Internet Explorer side of the program is for surfing the web. The Windows Explorer side is used for exploring the files, folders, drives, and directories on your computer.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks

OK, I get it, but having it say "Internet" when exploring the local PC is disconcerting. Can I get rid of it ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Marinan View Post
    OK, I get it, but having it say "Internet" when exploring the local PC is disconcerting. Can I get rid of it ?
    Either:

Put a comma after the /e as in:

C:\windows\explorer.exe /e,

Or use this (e.g. in the Target field of a shortcut):
    %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,C:
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are not the same program. Windows Explorer is an integral part of Windows and provide the GUI desktop, file lists, network lists and connections, and a number of other things. IE is the HTML browser component of Windows and is used to view graphics images and provide some additional features related to image viewing. As an example of how they differ, there is no version of Windows Explorer that is separate from Windows, whereas IE comes in various versions which you can choose to use, or not.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks

"chowur" has exactly the answer I was looking for. Both suggestions work wonderfully well. Many Thanks.
    [This problem can be considered answered.]

"PT": Strictly speaking I think you are correct, hence my desire to "correct" the problem. But something can be said for the idea that they are part of the same overall program, using similar windows sources and properties, and the same problem does appear on separate machines both running XP. There is a new "Explorer" substitute available (the name escapes me) which moves entirely to IE as a base for internal operations. Thanks.

Joe Marinan