Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm on my laptop I rarely use (and loan out). It used to have the Windows Welcome Screen that lists all the users and their chosen pictures. Tonight it doesn't have that screen, but instead uses the old NT logon where you type the user name and password. Going to User Accts on the Control Panel to "change the way users log on" is where you would normally turn it back on BUT I get the error message that BCMlogon.dll has disabled Fast User Switching which is why/how you get that Welcome Screen with everyone shown. There were only a couple of references to that problem and none of the solutions that worked for them have worked for me.

One of the discussions I found said it might have been adding a new wireless network while they were on vacation that required network authentication but when he deleted that network from the list of wireless networks the problem went away. Since I had indeed added a new network earlier this evening, I tried that suggestion that worked for him. Mine didn't.

I did find that library file belongs to the Broadcom networking service. But I don't see Broadcom listed anywhere on my programs, add/remove programs, msconfig/services etc. And no files/folders with broadcom.

I'm thinking now that this started sometime when the laptop was being borrowed, so I really have no clue the sequence of events (software loaded??) that might have set up this network that is requiring authentication. I'm not on a domain. Cant find any settings that put me on a network that needs authenticating.

I want the regular Welcome Screen back. Ideas??

Thanks,

Callie
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    ---- Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks
    I found this site;BCMLogon.dll I hope this helps you. If not go to your favorite search site.Type in;error message that BCMLogon.dll has disabled Fast User Switching.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah, I found that one and it didn't work for me. There were a couple of others that all led to this one, unfortunately. I was really hoping that it was something a lot of people had but I guess not.

I'm hoping that someone will have had this problem with the network logon vs the Windows Welcome Screen login --- not necessarily with the same BCM thing. Maybe need an NT person??

Callie
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    ---- Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks
    Here's an article on how to run system file check;System File Checker This might help on the .dll file.
    This link is;The "Welcome" Logon Screen Does Not Appear.....M$
    You can also download the Tweak UI tool here;M$ Power Tools
    That's the best I can do for you.Have a great,Thanksgiving week end.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten