Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear Forum members, OS is win 7 64, Browser is Firefox 3.6.10 E-Mail is Thunderbird 3.1.6.
    About 2 month ago using programs as above my click able links in my E-Mail used to open the browser to show their content.
    This no longer works. I can right click on the link and then open link in browser. I have been googeling and there are many such problems listed dating from 2005, some earlier. No joy. Somehow, I believe, there is a problem with the " about:config settings for the browser. But this is just a guess. Other than MS updates nothing changed in the Computer. Firefox is the only browser on the machine. Thunderbird the only E-Mail client. I have reinstalled both browser and E-Mail client. No joy. Please be aware that the links will open by right clicking them. But only then. Does anyone have a suggestion? This is not a major problem but would be nice to have corrected. Regards Peter

Thanks
    Hi Peter,

Check this Mozilla link for help in this matter.

Check this other link to MozillaZine for more details if the above does not solve your issue.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Gerald, I did the two link suggestions. Did not fix the problem. Anyway I will keep working at it. I will post when a fix is found. Regards Peter

Thanks
    If you change your default browser to Internet Explorer, do the links work, i.e., will a left-click open them in IE? If so, then hopefully we can rule out a problem in Thunderbird. If you then change the default browser back to Firefox, does that process (during which the relevant registry settings are updated) help?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi jscher2000, thank you for the reply. I made IE my default browser. The link works on left click. Then changed back to firefox, made that my default browser and the link still works. Thank you for your excellent help. Regards Peter