Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, all of a sudden, the User Account Control has decided that it will pop up for everything I try to do. Not sure how it was turned on, but it was. I am usuing Norton 360, and do not feel that I need this aggrevating pop up. My question is, "How do I turn this notification off?" I now am realizing why this is the operating system we need to forget. This I will do when Windows 7 kinks are worked out. Frankly I think Microsoft needs to go back to Window 98. All down hill since that system. But they have you. Got to use the system or forget the whole thing.

Any help would be apppreciated. Please help an old senior citizen with his problems. Will try Windows 7 upgrade when I get the funds and the time to learn the new program.

Charles (Mike) Parker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Mike,

Open Control Panel
    Select User Accounts
    Select Change security settings
    Uncheck Use User Account Control (UAC).....
    Click OK

This is per Ch9 pg238 of "Windows Vista Secrets" by Brian Livingston.

Sorry, I can't test this since I have upgraded all my machines to 7 and couldn't see a reason to keep VISTA around.

Good Luck.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1111 View Post
    [b]Well, all of a sudden, the User Account Control has decided that it will pop up for everything I try to do.

Any help would be appreciated. Please help an old senior citizen with his problems. Will try Windows 7 upgrade when I get the funds and the time to learn the new program.
    Charles,
    Hello.... A good way of doing this as well as several other "Vista Tweaks" can be had for free http://unlockforus.blogspot.com/2008/11/download.html (Winbubble ) I still have and sometimes run my Vista OS... it's ok just a little slow as compared to "7" So unless you secretly helping NASA compute "Space shuttle launches" you should be good to go .After downloading and installing, click on "security tab" and set up as the screen shot .... check out the rest of options while your at it as well ...lots of good stuff Regards Fred

PS: I'm an old senior as well...don't think that your alone... My mind works like a 3GB flash drive .... that seems like I'm always misplacing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to you both for clearing up my problem with the System Microsoft hopes we forget.

Charles H,. Parker

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred, thanks for your reply. I need to know how to download and install "Winbubbles". I have tried several ways, but apparently I am doing something wrong. Please provide me with instructions on installing and using the software.

Thanks!

Charles H. "Mike" Parker

Thanks
    Hey Mike,

Download the file for Winbubbles and save somewhere you can find it. Right click the file you downloaded and choose Run as Administrator. This gives a higher privvledge level and may be all that's needed.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1111 View Post
    Fred, thanks for your reply. I need to know how to download and install "Winbubbles". I have tried several ways, but apparently I am doing something wrong. Please provide me with instructions on installing and using the software.
    Mike,
    Hello... Try this link http://unlockforus.blogspot.com/2007...-tips-and.html and scroll down to the download box, and click on the older version for Vista.... Although they say the new version will work on Vista as well i have not tried it as the old one works well for me.
    1.Save the zipped file to wherever you wish and Right click on the "zipped file" and select "Extract All"
    2. double click on the un-zipped file and open it, and then select (right click on) the ".exe" file, and select "run as administrator" to install Winbubbles.
    3. click through the permissions (UAC) etc.
    4. Post back if you have any more difficulties with choosing options.
    Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    I've read that turning off UAC is not a good idea because doing so will also turn off Protected Mode for IE, and that is a feature that you want to keep on.