Lounger
    Thanks
    In trying to move to Outlook 2003 from Windows Mail but cannot get my messages there. I've tried File, Export, Messages, Microsoft Exchange but get the following export error: "The export could not be performed. An error occurred while initializing MAPI." The other messages exporting format choice is Windows Mail. That works, but, in Outlook 2003, Windows Mail is not an import choice. I realize this is probably because Windows Mail is newer than Outlook 2003 but is there any way to get past either of these hurdles without upgrading to a newer Outlook? And, if I did that, would I be able to get my messages there (to either Outlook 2007 or 2010)?

I am using Windows Vista and IE8, if that makes any difference.

Thanks
    You could install the Outlook connector into Outlook 2003 (Use a Windows live account in Outlook). You could then either continue to use Live Mail in Outlook or copy the message folder to a native outlook folder.

Jerry

Lounger
    Thanks
    But it is Windows Mail I'm using not Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail is even newer than Windows Mail. Does Outlook Connector work between Windows Mail and Outlook 2003?

Thanks
    Export the contents of your WLM messages to an empty folder in a known location of your choosing.
    Use "Microsoft Exchange" as a file format to export with.
    Then import them into Outlook, by using outlook's importation function.

See the photo...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Both Windows Live Mail and Windows mail are Hotmail based and the Outlook connector will work with either.

Jerry