New Lounger
    Thanks

Favorites Icons (6.0.2600)

First time post.

The little icons that appear next to bookmarks in IE's favorites list are cool. I think they started around version 5.
    Mine have a habit of being replaced by the generic IE icon periodically. It seems too soon to be cleared out of the temporary internet file cache or expiring like cookies, but I don't know where they are stored.
    Re-saving the site to favorites usually restores the icon next time IE starts.
    Running under W2K pro.
    It's only an annoyance but ...

BTW - it has never happened to the Woody's Forum icon. Sometimes it is the only one still showing in my favorites. Maybe it's site-related?

Thanks

Re: Favorites Icons (6.0.2600)

Check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=free&Number=50367&page=0&vi ew=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=>FavOrg</A> - it might help.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Favorites Icons (6.0.2600)

Go to your Cocuments and Settings<User Name>Favorites folder. The icons shown in the Favorites menu are the same as those assocaiated with the entries in this folder. You can use the Properties|Change Icon button to assign any icon you want.

Why your icons are being replaced is a mystery though. The only way I know to change them back to the generic icon is via the method above or via software.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Bell