Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello JoeP, how are tricks ?

I have a short question for you. I placed a .pdf on Live and let it be available to all. Now how can All see it ? I tried my secondary email addy but got nowhere.

Thanks. Jean.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Do you mean you put the file in Sky Drive?

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Good morning JoeP.

(Q) Do you mean you put the file in Sky Drive?(uQ)

You got it, yes, that is where it is. I got this invite one day :

[attachment=90714:Live.jpg]

Jean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    Thanks
    Once you have a file in a private SkyDrive folder, you click on the folder and then click on "Share". If you don't care who see the file you can put it in the public folder.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Also if you want to send a link to people, click on Share, then "Get a Link", in there you have two choices one which allows anyone to view the file without a hotmail, msn, or live account and the other requires a Microsoft account. I usually use the non account one. Copy/Paste that into an e-mail.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you JoeP and good morning.

You wrote : Once you have a file in a private SkyDrive folder, you click on the folder and then click on "Share". If you don't care who see the file you can put it in the public folder.

This was done, my question was about how another can access the file ? I tried myself using a secondary addy and I could not sign in. Does one have to also be on Live, SkyDrive and such as an exclusive app for Windows ? My U/L'd file is my family's genealogy, not all are on Windows, some on Macs others on Linux.

Still trying. Be good. Jean.

Administrator
    Thanks
    When you click on Share, you get options to change permissions or send a link to an email address. Did you try the "Send a link" option?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Jean please re read my post. You can send a link to anyone you want, regardless if they have a Microsoft ID or not. CLick on Share, then Get a Link", and you should see this. It is ok if you click on or copy/past the links shown. they are only jokes most are SFW. I use skydrive all the time to share on Facebook. As you will note, the bottom link does not require a Windows ID
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    t8ntlikly, good afternoon.

Thanks for not giving up on me, I did as you suggested even if it was not THAT evident to do, I fished around a bit but finally was able to send the link to myself on another address.

It worked !

Be good............Jean.

Thanks
    Thanks for the follow up Jean. Glad it worked for you.
    Thanks John

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    JoeP, hello and good morning.

You wrote : When you click on Share, you get options to change permissions or send a link to an email address. Did you try the "Send a link" option?

Yes, I had. The option seemed to me to be so "heavy" that I was looking for something else. The long link was forwarded to my second addy and it worked. I have another stump to uproot now. This is a .pdf file and I have it protected by a PW, the site requires the PW before the file can be D/L'd. Strange, I do not see the requirement. The PW that works is the one that protects the .pdf ? ? ?

A fine week to you........... Jean.

Thanks
    Jean,
    What you are saying seems a little bizzare, however I have not uploaded any protected documents to Skydrive. I will try this out later this morning and see what gives and get back to you.

John
    Thanks John

Thanks
    Jean, Here is what I just did, with a password protected .pdf file.
    I password protected a .pdf file, requiring a password to open and restricted editing and printing. I also password protected the ability to change Permissions.
    I then put the document over on my skydrive sight and sent a link to a friend, that did not require them to sign in with a Windows Live ID.
    They were able to download the document, but when they went to open the downloaded file, they were unable to open it.
    Bottom line, a password was not required to download the file.
    I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 and the file was secured so that a person using Adobe 7 could open it.
    Thanks John

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    It is not likely, good day to you.

You wrote : I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 and the file was secured so that a person using Adobe 7 could open it.

This could be the reason, I am on Acrobat 6. I will look into this further a bit later. I am redoing a machine for my daughter, from scratch.

Be good..................Jean.