New Lounger
    Thanks
    I forwarded a message recently and wonder if there is an easy way to see to whom I forwarded it.
    After a search I found it in my sent folder and figured out where it went but wonder if there is a way to see to whom I forwarded a message on the message itself.
    At the top it says , "You forwarded this message on 11/9/2010 at 8:01 a.m."; shouldn't it say to whom?

Thanks
    Should be the addressee in the To: line of the Email message.

Jerry

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    You may need to add the To: field to the Sent message window. The process may vary with Outlook version - right click the field headers at the top of the sent message window just above the listed messages - the fields that say "From", "Subject", "Size", etc. You should get a pop-up dialog which includes a Field Chooser. Click the Field Chooser and drag the "To" filed onto the field header.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Boyd View Post
    At the top it says , "You forwarded this message on 11/9/2010 at 8:01 a.m."; shouldn't it say to whom?
    I've never seen the subsequent recipient's name in that little banner.

[attachment=90753:OL03-ReplyForwardBanner.png]

(By the way, if you click that banner, Outlook offers to do a search. I don't recall using that, but I suspect it would be slow.)

I think only a minimal amount of information is saved in the message, for example, if first you forward and then you reply, the "you replied" replaces the "you forwarded."

To see what else is stored in the item, you might need a tool like OutlookSpy. Note that just because Outlook Spy can surface information from the arcane structure of an item doesn't mean there is any way to access it through the Outlook UI or even through VBA.
    Attached Images Attached Images