Thread: Track changes

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi there
    I'm not really a Word wiz and kinda struggling at the moment.

I had to change a document and I've put fields in it. No problems there. But one of the users has to copy an paste certain parts and bingo.. lots of track changes show up.

How can I switch that off. It doesn't do it at the original document at all.

PS I use Word 2003

Thanks heaps

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi Karat,

It's not clear from your post when the tracked changes are appearing - when you colleague gets the file or when you get it back. Whoever is editing the file can control this by turning 'Track Changes' on/off.

On Word's bottom status bar is a 'TRK' button. The 'TRK' is grey when 'Track Changes' is off and black when it's on. Double-clicking the button toggles the on/off state. You can also toggle this via Tools|Track Changes|Highlight Changes.

Whoever is viewing the file can likewise control how tracked changes are displayed, by setting the 'Track Changes' parameters in Tools|Options|Track Changes.

Finally, anyone editing the file can use Tools|Track Changes|Accept or Reject Changes to lock in, keep or undo the recorded changes.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Karat View Post
    I had to change a document and I've put fields in it. No problems there. But one of the users has to copy an paste certain parts and bingo.. lots of track changes show up.
    If you added form fields, you might have protected the document using the option for tracked changes rather than the option for forms. If they aren't form fields, never mind.