New Lounger
    Thanks
    Is it possible to convert a DVD to a file which will play on a PVR AND which keeps the original DVD's menu functions? I know that there's plenty of SW solutions if you just want to convert a DVD to play on an i-Pod or the like, but AFAIK these only give you the main feature & you lose the interactive bits such as the menu, choosing chapters, subtitles, etc. I know that creating an .iso would work, but my PVR doesn't have the ability to mount .iso files.
    Thanks to anyone who can help.

Clive

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There is not as far as I know, but I'm pretty sure I know. If the DVD is not maintained as an ISO then the structure is lost. Many home network media players have the ability to play ISO files as if they were original DVDs, so there are ways, but only with compliant devices.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive Oatley View Post
    Is it possible to convert a DVD to a file which will play on a PVR AND which keeps the original DVD's menu functions? I know that there's plenty of SW solutions if you just want to convert a DVD to play on an i-Pod or the like, but AFAIK these only give you the main feature & you lose the interactive bits such as the menu, choosing chapters, subtitles, etc. I know that creating an .iso would work, but my PVR doesn't have the ability to mount .iso files.
    Thanks to anyone who can help.

Clive
    Hi Clive, welcome to the lounge.
    -
    The DVD contains files and will play on a PVR.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!