Lounger
    Thanks
    For years now I have been gathering my own recipe collection into Word. For each of several categories (Beef, Pork, Veggies, etc.), I have created a separate document. The documents have for all intents and purposes have the same template I created. It has 2 columns, and 4 different font styles, Recipe Name, Recipe From, Ingredients and Directions.

When I moved from Word 97 to Word 2003 (I know I'm a bit behind but it works for me.) all documents came over successfully. All of a sudden one particular document became somewhat disoriented. With my 2 columns, I insert a Column Break at the end of each recipe or at the end of 2 recipes if they totally fit in a single column. On one of my documents when I insert a Column Break at the end of column 2, Word inserts a new page but when I paste a recipe in column 1, it wants to center over both columns. None of my other documents do that and this particular document just started doing this and it wasn't the first time I opened it in Word 2003.

Can I "apply" the template from a correct document to this incorrect document? If so, how? I've looked at all the online help from Microsoft with no success. I consider myself fairly well versed in Word but this has me stumped. I'll attach the default template I created and the offending document.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks
    Oops, I forgot the template.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jbacinti View Post
    With my 2 columns, I insert a Column Break at the end of each recipe or at the end of 2 recipes if they totally fit in a single column. On one of my documents when I insert a Column Break at the end of column 2, Word inserts a new page but when I paste a recipe in column 1, it wants to center over both columns.
    When you paste a recipe, where is it from? I wonder whether it contains a break at the beginning or end which is bringing along unwanted formatting. It might help to review the source document in "Normal" view, which will not show the columns side by side, but will show where the page, column and section breaks are.

Regarding applying a template, you can override any changes to the style definitions, but you probably can't do much to restructure the contents.