Lounger
    Thanks
    I've just done a clean install of XP - seems fine - and loaded Office 2003 - seems fine - BUT - I can't set up my internet connection. I've tried the wizard but no joy. I am connected - hard wire -to my router and the router is fine - it is functioning correctly on two other machines - but the re-installed XP is not seeing the router. Someone has suggested that in the re-install I have not installed the necessary drivers for the ethernet functions - could this be the case - and if so what do I do to correct this - or is there another possibility. All suggestions welcome. Until I get connected I can't install the Windows service packs so there is a bit of chicken and egg about the situation!
    Whealie

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try going to Device Manager. Is Network adapter working properly?

Thanks
    Someone has suggested that in the re-install I have not installed the necessary drivers for the ethernet functions - could this be the case
    Yes

Windows XP does not provide such drivers. Downloading them prior to the reinstall would be the thing to do, Download them from your other computers. to thumb drive
    or something.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Clint
    What am I looking for exactly -what are these drivers called?
    Cheers
    Whealie

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is your machine name brand or whitebox? If it is a Dell, HP, or any other well known brand, the easiest is to download from the manufacturers website using the model number or service tag of the machine.

You will be looking for the network interface card drivers.

While you are there pickup the chipset driver also and install it...