Hi Loungers, as part of my experimental pastime activity, I have been looking for an alternative backup strategy. I normally only use 'One Click' method, then looking for an explanation contained in the help section, I found this:-
Acronis One-Click Backup

The Acronis One-Click Backup tool allows you to begin protecting your computer as soon as you install Acronis True Image Home. During installation the program creates Acronis One-Click Backup shortcut on the desktop.

Double-clicking the shortcut starts the One-Click Backup tool, which automatically backs up your system partition and the Master Boot Record (MBR) to a location it considers the optimum place for backups. If there is no suitable location for the backup, the program displays an error message.

By the way, later you will be able to refresh the system partition backup by double-clicking the shortcut again.

If you choose to not use the One-Click Backup shortcut, Acronis True Image Home will offer to perform One-Click Backup during the first start after installation, as well as schedule subsequent full backups.

The Acronis One-Click Backup tool performs only full backups of the system partition; scheduling an incremental or differential backup is not possible. In addition, it does not support backup of drives protected by BitLocker Drive Encryption in Windows Vista.
As we already mentioned, Acronis True Image Home offers the optimum place for backups.

To run the backup task, just click the Proceed button.

If you click Cancel, the One-Click Backup will be canceled. If you decide to use this feature later, click Tools & Utilities in the main menu and then choose One-Click Backup.

You can change the default settings:

To change the Archive location option, click the predefined path and specify another location.

To change the Schedule option, click the predefined schedule description and specify a new schedule.
Classic backup

Acronis True Image Home allows you to choose the following types of classic backup:

Disk and partition backup:

Choose the Disk Backup parameter if you need to create an image of the entire disk or its partitions. Backing up the entire system disk (creating a disk image) takes up significant disk space, but enables you to recover the system in minutes in case of severe data damages or hardware failure.

File backup:

Choose the My Data parameter if you are not concerned about recovery of your operating system along with all settings and applications, but plan to keep safe only certain data (specific files and/or folders). You can either manually select the files and folders or specify the types of files (file extensions) you want to back up. For example, there are predefined file categories (video files, pictures, music and so on) you can select for backing up. Otherwise, you can create your own file category based on file extensions. These files will be safely stored in backups, and in case of data loss or corruption, you will easily be able to recover them.

Choose the System State parameter if you need to back up the boot files, registry, protected Windows files, and COM+ CLASS registration database. Backing up the System state allows you to recover the system files, drivers, etc., but not the data files and folders you use in your work.

Choose the My E-mail parameter if you need to back up your Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, or Windows Mail settings: e-mail accounts, messages, settings, address book, etc.

Choose the My Application Settings parameter if you need to back up the specific applications' settings. In case of data loss or corruption, you will easily be able to recover the application settings.
When I attempted to do a 'System State' backup, it said please wait, which I did for almost 30 minutes before abandoning it.