New Lounger
    Thanks
    Vista SP2,... I had Malwarebytes anti-malware 1.4. About a month ago it started "Freezing up" my computer. I was forced to hold down the "POWER" button on my laptop to shut my laptop down & do a restart. It took me some time, but I determined that Malwarebytes anti-malware was definitely the problem. I had been using it for 2 Years without any problems. So, I removed it. :~(( Then when Version 1.5 came out I read about all the improvements & installed the 1.5 version from Filehippo.
    http://filehippo.com/ http://filehippo.com/download_malwar..._anti_malware/
    No changes. It still locks up my computer so that I can do absolutely nothing. Would not even let me click on the Task Manager (already opened) to shut it down. The action of the mouse being able to click on anything was still there, but it had NO effect. Unfortunately, there is no way I can determine... EXACTLY... whatever changes occurred to my system so that I am no longer able to use it. Malwarebytes anti-malware, I will miss you, but I will survive just fine without you.
    Signed,...
    A (still) fairly new & ignorant computer user.
    P.S. It is not necessary for anyone to spend time helping me try to fix this, thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fred View Post
    I had Malwarebytes anti-malware 1.4. About a month ago it started "Freezing up" my computer.
    The free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not run in the background or on its own: you have to run it. So you are saying that when you ran the program, the PC would lock up? Are you confident that your PC is actually clean?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I do understand that the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not run in the background or on its own. I am saying that whenever I tried to run it (Free Version), it would lock up. To the best of my knowledge, my computer is "clean".
    I have....
    1. Open DNS,
    2. Superantispyware (Paid version),
    3. avast antivirus (free),
    4. Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.0 , formally a-squared (Paid version),
    5. Threatfire (Added since I removed Malwarebytes.),
    & 6. WinPatrol PLUS.
    I have run deep (FULL) scans with (2.), (3.), (4.), (5.), Plus... "Scotty is on patrol." helps inform me of any changes that are being made to my system. I feel..., (In my ignorance...), that it might be caused by the unique combination of software on my laptop,... maybe something that I have added in the last few... I also ran a scan on each of my "Program Files" in C:\program files...
    That is all I know.

Thanks
    Mr. Fred,

Were any of the above security applications installed just prior to MalwareBytes locking up your computer?
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    No.