Beverly, MA
    I have always experienced window size inconsistencies in all versions of Windows but now that this is also occuring in Windows 7 I need to ask for some help. It's now become a pet peeve of mine. This not only occurs in Internet E xplorer but also in the Office 10 applications. Is there anyone out there that has an answer for this nuisance. I would like the windows to open at max all the time.

Manning, South Carolina
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,324 Posts

Any program you start from a Shortcut can be forced to open Maximized using the dropdown on the Properties menu, see below.

Note: This will not work with system generated shortcuts like those for IE & Office Apps. You can create your own shortcuts for these and it will work as shown.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

California & Arizona
    Internet Explorer will be a different matter. Follow RetiredGeek's advice for the original IE icon, then;

Opening Internet Explorer Full Size
    Ever notice sometimes you right-click on a link and open a new window and it's not full screen? This usually occurs because IE remembers
    the last window size when closed. Many times a background pop-up will do this too, if it is the last window closed.
    To resize the window and regain control:

Close all instances of Internet Explorer except for one.
    Right-click on a link in the page and select: "Open in New Window"
    Close the first browser window using the [ X ] (upper right corner)
    Resize the window manually by dragging the sides to the desired size.
    Note: Do NOT click the Maximize button, you must do it manually.
    Hold down the Ctrl key and click the Close button (upper right)
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.