New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I have just acquired a new computer. (XP home.) In my 'add/remove programs' I see that I have 3 MS.NET items: 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1.

MS is sending me alerts for 7 various 'updates' and 'security updates' to these 3 items.

I don't do any 'development' on my pc - I'm just a 'simple user'. Do I really need any or all of these updates, or am I ok with what I have? Thanks.

Raphael Altman

Thanks
    I would have to say yes to your answer.Srcoll down to,Principal design features section.You can read more here;.Net Framework
    I hope you are running Windows Sp3 also.Here's another link to explain why;M$ You have untill 2014 for Windows XP Sp3 then their will be no more support.You can read more here;Windows Lifecycle Happy Holidays.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Even though you do not do any development, more and more apps that use .NET, and thus require the framework to be present on your system, are starting to show up. So yes, install the updates.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks to both. have now installed them all. having heard of snarl ups with .NET installations, did them one at a time instead of as a batch. all seems ok.