Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to finish off a database to record the clinical activities by pharmacists covering the weekend. One of the reports we want is to list the Clinical Interventions for the month (rptCIMonthly). I would like the report to automatically print the date range on the report. I tried to have it use the date range entered by the query the report is based on, but it will only print the date if the first item in the list of Clinical Interventions (tblCI) is selected for a patient that month.

Is there a way to cause the Month and Year I input at the start of the report (triggered by the query) to print there? Or, is there a better/easier way to input it into the report each time I run it?

I have attached a zipped version of the database, and all patient names are ficticious (in case any of the HIPPA police are watching).

Thanks for any/all input!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KyHawkeye View Post
    I am trying to finish off a database to record the clinical activities by pharmacists covering the weekend. One of the reports we want is to list the Clinical Interventions for the month (rptCIMonthly). I would like the report to automatically print the date range on the report. I tried to have it use the date range entered by the query the report is based on, but it will only print the date if the first item in the list of Clinical Interventions (tblCI) is selected for a patient that month.

Is there a way to cause the Month and Year I input at the start of the report (triggered by the query) to print there? Or, is there a better/easier way to input it into the report each time I run it?

I have attached a zipped version of the database, and all patient names are ficticious (in case any of the HIPPA police are watching).

Thanks for any/all input!
    I would run the report from a form and have the date defined on the form, then use that in the query rather than the parameter you are using there. You can then use the date field on the form in the report header if you so desire.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Here is a demo that does what Patt has suggested.

I have put two text boxes on the form, Start Date and End Date so that you can run the report for any time period you chose.

[attachment=90823:weekend2.zip]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    John

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much to you both! I figured there had to be someway to do it.

Now, how do I change the form so it doesn't pop up as the default when I open the database? I plan to create a switchboard for my collegues to use, but I can't find what 'toggle' to change in the properties? Which property setting is it? Or, am I looking in the wrong spot?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What version of Access are you using? In 2007 and 2010 it is in Access Options..Current Database.
    In earlier versions it is Tools...Startup (from memory)
    Regards
    John

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have 2010 on my laptop here at home, but we have office 2007 on the hospital's system.

Found it under Options. Thanks again for your fast and expert assistance. Now I how how to do this (input the date) for reports I have in other databases I created for my job!