Thread: Menu sticks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    When i right-click and select an option on the menu sometimes the menu stays on the screen and i cannot get rid of it without rebooting my computer. it usually happens when i am in google chrome, but it happens elsewhere as well. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi Craig,

Sign on in a different user account to see if the problem persists. If it remedies the problem, then your user account is corrupt. If you do not have another user account set up, create one to check see how your context menu works with it.

You can also go to System> Advanced System Settings>Advanced tab, and click the Performance button, then uncheck the "Fade out menu items after clicking" to see if that helps.

Another thing to check is to run the System File Checker to find and replace any corrupt Windows System files. Click the Start menu, right click the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator, approve the elevated privileges, and type the command "sfc /scannow" without the quote marks. This will take some time, and you may be prompted to place your Windows DVD into your optical drive at some point.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill