Thread: HP Slimline

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello.
    I would like to get a Recovery CD for a desktop HP S7220N for XP. My daughter's machine died, it needed a new HD and thus the on HD Recovery partition is lost.
    Can anybody help ? I presently have it running XP but I need the drivers for USB, Ethernet, audio and all.
    Much obliged. JP.

Thanks
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello chowur.

Quote Originally Posted by chowur View Post
    I was all over that site already for the best part of a full hour and never found the proper spot. Can you show me where I can D/L the restore stuff so I can burn it to a CD and then move it over to the Slimline, please.

Have a great evening...............Jean.

Edit: chowur, I was over there again and can not see anything pertaining to the ethernet.

Thanks
    Ethernet drivers;Intel
    Original drivers;HP
    For the original drivers scroll down.The above link for the HP site has all the drivers that came with your system when it was built in 2005.
    The way I would install the drivers,would be download all drivers on a usb thumb drive.Then install the drivers after you install windows xp.From the thumb drive of course.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    chowur, me again.

Problem solved. I clicked on your URL and finally ended up chatting with a techie in India as per the norm nowadays. She gave me very good information for this Slimline HP. She gave me the address for a supplier of this obsolete desktop Recovery DVDs. As I was about to order a set, my daughter phoned and said that she had found the DVDs that she created when she got the machine, 2005. They are being installed at the moment.

Your help was not the cure but I admire your dedication and I thank you for this support.

Be good..............Jean.

NB: http://www.computersurgeons.com/prod...s.aspx?ID=1907
    These guys have all kinds of Recovery CDs, DVDs.

Thanks
    That's great to hear,Happy Holiday's......