Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear All,

This is my first post since a long time in this community and I thought it's the best place to ask my question.

My Outlook 2010 constantly crash when I open an I e-mail (double click it). It happens not always but very often. I did a repair, but it was not of any help.

Let me tell you how it was installed. It's a computer, which has installed Office 2003 and Office 2010. So Outlook 2003 was upgraded.. I installed Office 2010 and let only Outlook 2003 upgrade to the new version and instructed the setup to leave all other Office 2003 application installed.

Maybe something is left behind of Outlook 2003, which Outlook 2010 doesn't like. Perhaps there is another reason I don't know.

You might know

Thanks
    Edy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Did you have any add-ons installed in OL 2003? I had the same problem when I upgraded OL 2007 to 2010- one of my add-ons was not compatible with OL 2010 and caused constant crashing until I (sadly) uninstalled it.
    Dianne

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Dianne,

Thanks for the hint, indeed there are some addins and I'm not sure if compatible with Office 2010.

Try now to disable some and see what happens.

Thanks
    Edy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would be interested to learn how it goes- I hope that the solution is simple!

Lounger
    Thanks
    Great work, Dianne! I had exactly this problem with a clean install of Office 2010 on a brand new install of Windows 7 Home Premium. About half the times I double-clicked on an email, Outlook crashed. Boring! But when I found this thread, I disabled the Nuance PDF Creator toolbar and add-in for Outlook, and the problem disappeared immediately and completely. I just wish all my IT problems were so easy to solve!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That is great news. Sometimes the persistent efforts of the absolute amateur like me, fired by sheer frustration, bring up solutions. I too wish it would happen more often!

Lounger
    Thanks
    Really great work so far Dianne!

I disabled a plugin for PDF Converter Nuance and so far I had no crash in Outlook.

It looks, it was the problem and it was so easily fixed. I thought, it would be more serious.

Thanks
    Edy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That is good to hear! The real frustration is that programs stated to be compatible with Office 2010 or specifically stated to work with Outlook 2010 cause OL to crash.
    One of these is Blueprint for Outlook, which allows you to print a selection of text in an email, without having to open the email in a browser or OneNote- worked brilliantly in OL 2007 but I have had to disable it.
    I have never understood why Microsoft haven't included the facility to print a selection of text in Outlook!
    Dianne