New Lounger
    Thanks
    Until recently, when using Windows explorer,I was able to right click on an mp3 file, select properties, then details and thus be able to see title, artist, album etc.
    Now when I right click, I don't get the details option. It sounds like a permission issue, but I am the administrator. Does anyone have an idea as to what might have changed?
    Could it be a result of the multiple security updates that MS released a few weeks ago? (I have Windows 7) Thanks, AV

Thanks
    Might you inadvertently clicked on the "Remove Properties and Personal Information" link at the bottom of the details menu?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't think thats the problem. If so it was inadvertant. The only tabs I see now are the General and the Previous Versions tabs. There is no Properties and Personal Information option on the display.
    Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anson voxov View Post
    I don't think thats the problem. If so it was inadvertant. The only tabs I see now are the General and the Previous Versions tabs. There is no Properties and Personal Information option on the display.
    Thanks.

If all you see are General and Previous Versions tabs, and no Security or Details, it sounds like a permissions/ownership problem. Is this affecting all mp3s, only mp3s in specific folder (trees) such as the Music Library or c:\users\____\music, only this mp3, or something else? Is it only affecting mp3s, or are other file types affected?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It affects all files and it shouldn't be a permission issue.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Eureka! I think I've got it.

Please refrain from saying "DUH". Apparently my problem of not being able to access the details of files was caused by the read only property being switched on. Why or how it got switched on is still a mystery! I unchecked the box and voila!, everything went back to normal. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.