2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I set up my XP SP3 machine I put the IE 8 Favorites folder in My Documents and set up My Documents on a separate partition to minimze my C partition size.

Last night I moved the My Documents folder onto a completely separate hard drive to allow more room for expansion. I did it properly, through the My Documents Properties dialog.

Today, my IE8 Favorites Bar is blank. I went up to the Import Export menu to import a backup file (bookmark.htm) of the Favorites I had exported previously. All went well until I got to the dialog asking for a folder to import the file to. The dialog box was blank and the process had to be canceled.

I feel dumb asking for help on this seemingly simple task, but it's been so long since I've worked with this I can't seem to figure it out.

I have both a single bookmark.htm file I previously exported to backup my Favorites and a folder (Favorites) of folders containing the actual current internet shortcut files (http:....) that I believe IE was referencing in its Favorites Bar. I would prefer to be able to point IE to the Favorites folder of folders, if possible, since the bookmark.htm backup file is somewhat older.

The good news is that I have been building a set of Google bookmarks under my Google Toolbar that are independent of the Windows process, so they are still available.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Thanks
    Open your folder in which you have your favorites from the back-up.Then click on Edit @ the top of the page select all,then click on copy.NOW,Open your Local disk letter (C: D what ever it may be.In my case it would be (C: Local Disk)-user-your name-Favorites.Then click on edit again then paste.Your favorites should show like you except.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I understand what you said but, I do want my favorites to live on the separate hard drive to keep the C partition size small.

I think there is a registry mod to work my problem, but I'm not sure of what it is....

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Solved:

Edit registry item HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Locate Favorites value and double-click to edit full path for Favorites folder to correct location.

If I had done it as a Move in Explorer to begin with no Registry edit would have been required.

Basically, all the user data folders in My Documents were moved OK through the Properties dialog, but the SPECIAL Windows folders took more care.