Lounger
    Thanks
    For Win Xp there was a useful utility called USBInfo which showed a tree view of USB ports. This does not work in Win 7. The only tree view I have seen is when Windows is complaining about a device not working, but as far as I can see one cannot get back to such a view when things are apparently OK.
    Is there any way to see a tree view of my hubs and what is plugged into each hub etc avaiable in Win7?

Thanks
    Hi, Robin!

Welcome to The Lounge!

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but we'll give it a try.

Go to: Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager. Here a User Account warning may open; click" Yes". In Device manager click on " View", select " Devices By Type", and then double click "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

[attachment=90844:2010-12-05_214145.jpg]

Hope this is what you were after,
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit

3. The Following User Says Thank You to johjue For This Useful Post:

rcull999 (2014-01-19)

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks John.

That's all I have been able to find in Win7 EXCEPT when a USB error message appears and then a precise tree listing of each hub and it's connected devices appears.

After I posted the enquiry I did find that by going to the Properties box of each Generic USB Hub and looking at the Power tab that I got a listing of all devices plugged into that particular hub. I suspect that this is as good as it gets.

[attachment=90887:Clipboard01.jpg]

I appreciate your help
    Robin
    Attached Images Attached Images