Super Moderator
    Thanks

Outlook NOT responding (Outlook 2002)

When I recieve the newsletter from "Obituary Daily Times" and I select it, Outlook hangs and I get "Outlook not responding" in the task manager. This started since I installed 2002 and the ONLY way to get get out is to kill task. I can NOT delete these files, I can only copy over the current PST file with the BACK up I made before installing 2002. All other e-mails come through and can be read, moved, and deleted. I have "unsubscribed" from this newsletter for now.

This is on a Windows 2000 OS machine.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook NOT responding (Outlook 2002)

are you using the preview pane? if so turn it off - it should stop the message from hanging and allow you to delete it without messing with a new pst. Another way to delete messages is to select the one before and one after the problem message and delete all three.

can you attach the message (as msg format) so i can look at it? I'm betting it's HTML format and am curious as to what's causing it to not render.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Thanks Mary,
    I have renamed the pst file and restored the back up. How can I extract a file that will not open?
    I have been on this list for several yeras and they are plane text, unless they changed will I was installing Outlook 2002. If I get another I will give it a try, but I have unsubscribed for now.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

start outlook with the /nopreview switch (start menu > run, "cathtooutlookoutlook.exe" /nopreview)

then file > open > personal folder. You should be able to delete (and drop a copy on your desktop to upload here) the problem message now, since the preview pane is turned off.

Without seeing the message, i have no idea why it's now a problem.