Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there a quota in the number of emails in the Inbox within Window Live mail? My friend is running WinXP pack 2 on his desktop & Win7 on his laptop. Both systems using Window Live & using a non hotmail email address. Yesterday, he couldn't received any emails at all on both systems. His friends called him on the phone & said that all the mails bounced back with messages such as Inbox full or quota has been reached. I checked his inbox - there are about 160 read mails & 59 unread mails. I moved the unread mails to another folder & deleted about 80 mails from the inbox. Then I used Yahoo to send a email to his Window live but still it won't go through.
    I told him to stop using Window live & switch to Outlook Express on his desktop & Microsoft Outlook 2010 on his laptop. After configuring, both systems can received emails again including the test mail send by me.
    Is there a solution for my friend's problem?
    Thanks
    Tony
    Intel CoreI7 P55/ 8Gb 1600 RAM DDR3/ NV GTS 570 1Gb PCIe/ HDD X 3 = 6TB/SSD x 1 128GB/ BDRW X 2/DVDRW x 2/ Corsiar 850W PSU & running on Win10 Pro 64bit

Thanks
    It sounds like a problem on the server side more than anything to do with the email client installed.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    This site may help solve your friend's problem. Check it out.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    I check with that ISP provider that supply the email - that's nothing wrong with the server. When I changed from Window Live to Outlook Express on the desktop & to Microsoft Outlook on the laptop, everything returns to normal. All emails can be send & received & nobody got anymore bounced back mails At first I suspected the antivirus program. My friend was using a free program from Panda. I uninstall the Panda & install Eset NOD32 but the problem remains. I told my friend to stop using Window Live indefinitely until there's a sure solution.
    Intel CoreI7 P55/ 8Gb 1600 RAM DDR3/ NV GTS 570 1Gb PCIe/ HDD X 3 = 6TB/SSD x 1 128GB/ BDRW X 2/DVDRW x 2/ Corsiar 850W PSU & running on Win10 Pro 64bit

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Check to see if the account identification in WLM is still correct and is configured the same way OE is configured.

Joe
    Joe